Sunday, October 27, 2013

Never Stop Building On

               I'm back, with another one of my corny, yet very meaningful hobbies.  The hobby that I'm talking about today is Lego's.  Lego's have "built" my childhood ever since I was about three years old.  Lego's have a very big impact on my life.  Sure, they're kind of childish, but you can do so many things with them.  Build models of famous buildings, create your own models, or scream like a girl when you step on one.  I have stuck with Lego's for a very long time because the activity is something that I do in my free time to relax and let my imagination fly away to where it wants to be.
               When I was little, I played with the large Duplo Lego blocks.  The difference from normal Lego bricks to Duplo Lego bricks, is that the Duplo are safer for toddlers so that they don't swallow them.  My little brother is seven years old and he still plays with the Duplo blocks!  They are actually very fun to play with.  The blocks are so big, I could build a fort and stand inside it!  The smaller bricks are meant for more critique designs and more detailed models.


               I can remember my very first Lego set that I got.  I received Anakin's Starfighter and Vulture Droid for my birthday in 2006.  I was a new level of happy.  I was so excited because I was tired of building with the Duplo blocks because you are so limited to what you can do with them.  I was also very excited to get the Starfighter because it was the very first model of the set.  When I was told this, I felt like I was the most special person in the whole world.
               Now, what I am doing with my Lego's, is filling a bin with very unique pieces.  When I am done, I am going to try and piece together a very large transformer.  It may sound like I got one Lego set for my birthday and that is it.  In reality, I actually have a pool table filled with hundreds of thousands of Lego pieces from wrecked sets in blame of my brother.
               I can't believe it has been seven years since I got my first Lego set.  Time really does fly when you are having fun.  I really doubted that saying before, but now I really can see the forest through the trees.  When one addiction becomes an attachment, you'll never be able to get it off.

1 comment:

Blog Archive