Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pokemon X and Y Preview

               Before I get into any detail about Pokemon X and Y, I want to tell you about the Pokemon past.  So as probably a lot of you know, there is a video game series called Pokemon. Pokemon is a strange fantasy world, filled with creatures, with all shapes and sizes, with very unique powers and other unique features.  The series of Pokemon has gone on for many years.  The very first Pokemon video game was called Pokemon Red.  Pokemon Red took place in the Hoenn region.  There are five regions in the world of Pokemon; Hoenn, Kanto, Sinnoh, Unova, and Johto.  Each of these five regions have their own Pokemon, although, some Pokemon from a different region, can end up in another region.
               Okay, now onto Pokemon X and Y.  This version of Pokemon takes place in a sixth region called Kalos.  The Pokemon in the Kalos region are a lot different than the Pokemon in the other regions.  I have a comparison picture below.  Now in every region in the Pokemon world, there are lots of legendary Pokemon.  Legendary Pokemon are a lot different than ordinary Pokemon because legendary Pokemon have very powerful moves and super unique features.  I have also put a few pictures of the Kalos legendary Pokemon below as well.  Pokemon X and Y also includes a handful of new feature that the other games did not have.  You can collect multiple Pokemon at once, take care of your Pokemon, and in rare cases, combine two Pokemon together to form a very powerful creature!
               So in my opinion, I would definitely get Pokemon X and Y.  I think it would be a great addition to my Pokemon collection.  I have been collecting cards, games and books ever since I was little.  So I think Pokemon X and Y would be a boatload of fun for me.



                                                  Short Gameplay Trailer of Pokemon X and Y

This Pokemon's name is Clauncher.  Clauncher is from
the most recently added region, Kalos
This is obviously Pikachu.  Pikachu is a Pokemon
from an older region, Sinnoh



Picture of Kalos Region Legendary Pokemon
Xerneas (Left) and Yveltal (Right)








   

1 comment:

  1. It's cool that you found something that you're passionate about. And I like the new blog!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive